[Newleaf] Notes

stm12 at hampshire.edu stm12 at hampshire.edu
Tue Feb 5 20:36:44 EST 2013

New Leaf								2,5,2013
Everything moved along pretty quickly and efficiently. We had white
chedder smart food and cookies that were homemade and tasty. There was
a little trouble with Ficom, Conny is technically pretty chill and as
long as we raise some money by December we’ll be fine.
On the Agenda:
1.	Hampfest
a.	People are on honor code to come to Hampfest and man the station.
b.	We’re getting snacks for the table. Everybody should bring some
snacks if they can.
c.	We’ll also be handing out some cool info on coal and other related issues.
2.	Screening
a.	The Last Mountain, Thursday at 7:30, room 101. There will be pizza
from Antonio’s. Hannah has offered her car for use to pick them up
from the restaurant.
b.	The bottom liner worked fairly well. We will continue to use the
system. Good job people!
3.	Funding
a.	New Leaf was in the red, Ficom sorta gave it back. We need to fund
raise. Bake sale with delicious cookies. Noga laid down the law about
funding. You need to fill out forms to get money for your thing. To
get reimbursed for your own money you need to keep itemized receipts.
4.	Dialogue
a.	7:30 13th (next Wednesday). We have reserved the FPH lobby and
it’ll be crazy public and open. Send the Facebook event around, get
the word out.
5.	DC
a.	WE ARE STAYING IN A CHURCH! Wow. Feb 16th – 17th. Everything is
paid for but food. We have 35 seats for Hampshire students. There’s
also a contract you have to sign if you want to go.
6.	Announcements
a.	Kim has a lot of stuff. A letter to President Obama saying we
support him trying to leave a positive environmental legacy. We should
read and distribute.
b.	There’s also important info about a coal plant in Holyoak which is
running on an expired air filter. We want them to close it or shut
them down for a while they fix it. It’s giving people asthma!
c.	Finally there’s a valentine’s day card to Deval Patrick from clean air.
d.	All these things will be at Hampfest.
e.	Matt joined the environmental committee.