[Newleaf] Sustainability Lunch Series begins on Wednesday!

jkr10 at hampshire.edu jkr10 at hampshire.edu
Mon Apr 1 10:11:57 EDT 2013

Hey New Leaf,

On Wednesday (4/3) the environmental committee will be piloting a new
lunch series in Saga to have informal discussions about sustainability
topics on campus.  The topic for this week's lunch is the Climate
Action Plan, and I will be there along with my fellow envi-comm
student member Martin Jutres to talk about the details of the plan -
it's starting to be rolled out officially now.  The CAP sets the
ambitious goal of reaching climate neutrality by 2022, and it's
important for students to be aware of the implications and for there
to be a dialogue about it.  Bring questions, comments, concerns,
critiques, or simply join us for a meal and the opportunity for some
conversation.  We need not be limited to this topic, it's just
something to get us started.

In the future, this lunch series will feature other faculty/staff
members of the environmental committee for different topics.  For
example, Beth Hooker will be available to talk about the current Food
Transition progress on one week, and Nancy Karella will be there
another week to talk about Hampshire's investment policy.

If you aren't on the meal plan, just sign in at the front desk of Saga
and you can get in for free.  We'll be in the Middle room of Saga from
12pm-1pm.  Tell your friends!  We are hoping ultimately to reach out
to people outside of the typical "environmental" groups.

Let me know if you have questions, thoughts, or ideas for future discussions,
-Josh