[Newleaf] LED Bulb Brigade: Round 2

jkr10 at hampshire.edu jkr10 at hampshire.edu
Mon Oct 15 17:49:39 EDT 2012

Hello friends in sustainability!

We had some great initial LED distribution runs last week.  What
struck me was that our plan to prioritize offices might not be that
effective, because the majority of offices we visited in Cole and FPH
are simply using their overhead fluorescent lighting for all lighting
needs.  Judging by the number of lightbulbs in my own mod, I think
mods might be our most effective bet in terms of distribution (though
we can definitely still hit offices).

I want to try and do at least three distribution runs this week, in
addition to anything the Sustainable Hampshire folks want to do in
their class time.  Here are my two planned times:

Wednesday, Oct. 17th at 12:45pm - Meet at the President's Office.  I
have class at 1:00pm so I can't actually stay for this, but I'll come
at 12:45pm to make sure everyone knows what they are doing.  Maybe we
can try doing one Greenwich Donut to see what happens. If you can come
for an hour that's awesome and basically all the time you need to spend.

Thursday, Oct. 18th at 1:00pm - Again, meet at President's Office.  I
can help out on this one.  Based on what we accomplish on Wed, we may
try another Donut or two based on how many volunteers we get.

Friday, Oct. 19th at 4:00pm - Meet in the President's Office.  This
might be a good alternative time to try.

Any of those days which you can help out at would be hugely
appreciated.  This important work needs to get done and we are the
volunteers to make it happen.  A reminder that any incandescent/CFL
bulbs we get from our exchanges are being dropped off in the
collection box outside Beth Hooker's office (Cole 313), and
location/collection data should be entered in the google doc
spreadsheet.

Also, Tika, if you could update the google doc with you/Tyler's data
from last week, that would be awesome. :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgIJlW5mIw84dE5xVEJ0TUV0Qm9WbTU3R3JfTlhMZlE

I've also attached a poster I made for the initiative - it's pretty
basic but it gets the message across.  We may be doing some postering
in the near future but for now just be inspired by it and let me know
if you have suggestions.

We can discuss this further at New Leaf's meeting tomorrow night -
Tuesday at 8:00pm in FPH 101 (this is our regular time).

Feel free to email me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Josh