[Newleaf] wishing to come be a guest speaker at New Leaf meeteing

Daniel Rirdan daniel at rirdan.com
Sun Aug 26 08:18:23 EDT 2012

>From a broad spectrum of disciplines, scientists urge us to change our ways

radically if we are to save our ecosystem and the man-made world. Global

strategist and author Daniel Rirdan offers an ambitious blueprint that shows
us how.

photos\DSC_0048.jpg

The blueprint Rirdan developed is grounded in over five hundred
peer-reviewed articles, and communication with scores of other top experts.
Rirdan offers immediately employable designs that lay down new paths for our
economy, technology, industry, and politics. Award winning author David
Suzuki wrote of it: "Rirdan's book must be read so we can follow his
recommendations. We have no choice and time is terrifyingly short."

Author of The Blueprint: Averting Global Collapse speak in very concrete
terms about:

.        problem: ocean biomes are severely degraded. solution:
zero-discharge tanks to grow

fish as the sole providers of sea food for humanity.

.        A viable technological solution to fix our water-shortage problems
permanently-an array of ocean desalination plants with water canals.

.        problem: Coal and natural-gas power plants emit greenhouse gases.
solution: how

solar and wind energy can provide, in tandem, 24/365 power to the entire
North

American grid.

.        problem: Aviation contributes to global warming. solution:
Ultra-fast trains traversing

through vacuum tunnels. Possible to get from New York to Beijing in two
hours.

.        Why we ought, in part, to bring back wilderness. And the critical
role of rotational,

intensive grazing of livestock in the restoration of the land.

.        Why the existing economic setup cannot get us where we need to go.
A new economic

setup, based on regenerative management of existing resources, which
includes a universal

footprint-credit quota.

.        We need to shift from the current divisive political paradigm to a
more unified one by

re-demarcating the world into nine broad categories of comparable
socio-economic

blocks. And then on, to a world unification.

.        Why a carbon-neutral industry is inadequate at this late stage, and
what should be

done about it: a practical plan to capture hundreds of billions of tons of
carbon from

the air over a few decades.

.        Bringing the world population to 1 billion within 150-200 years-why
we need to and what

is a humane why to accomplish it.

A video excerpt from a larger presentation by Daniel Rirdan:
<https://vimeo.com/48158985> https://vimeo.com/48158985

Rirdan has recently appeared in various radio shows, such as Green Majority,
Ecoshock, and Our Planet. Daniel the founder of The Exploration Company
where he has directed product development, pioneering sophisticated
interactive world maps.

More about Daniel and the book:  <http://www.danielrirdan.com>
www.danielrirdan.com