[Newleaf] Help Ciclovida come to Hampshire!

Martha Pskowski mnp09 at hampshire.edu
Tue Mar 22 17:47:19 EDT 2011

Hi all,

My good friend Ashley is the booking manager for the film Ciclovida, which
was recently screened in Northampton.  Is anyone interested in coordinating
a screening here?

 "*Ciclovida: Lifecycle* pedals alongside a group of subsistence farmers
from Brazil who bicycle over 6,000 miles across the South American continent
in search of natural seeds. This feature-length documentary is made up of
moving stories from landless peasants, indigenous communities, and small
farmers that expose the devastating effects of industrial agriculture
destined for agrofuels."

They are organizing an amazing tour this spring and will be in the Pioneer
Valley in early May.  The tour is bringing together folks from the landless
peasants movement in Brazil, the film-makers, and Brazilian musicians.  They
are in the process of planning an event at the Brick House in Turners Falls
and also would like to come to one of the local colleges.  This would be a
great chance to continue conversations on campus about sustainable
agriculture, monoculture and indigenous resistance and meet some really
amazing people working on these issues.

Coordinating the event would probably include tasks like this:

-requesting funding from COCA
-reserving space
-publicity
-logistics for the tour members (helping with housing and food)