[Newleaf] Fwd: Seeking Compost Help for Orientation...

Rebecca Simone Siegel rss07 at hampshire.edu
Tue Aug 9 02:21:29 EDT 2011

----- Forwarded message from Pam Tinto <ptinto at hampshire.edu> -----
    Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 17:15:09 -0400
    From: Pam Tinto <ptinto at hampshire.edu>
 Subject: Seeking Compost Help for Orientation...
      To: Marleigh Philson Higgins <mph09 at hampshire.edu>, Rebecca Simone Siegel
<rss07 at hampshire.edu>, Luke Weaver <lmw09 at hampshire.edu>, Leah Grossman
<lrg08 at hampshire.edu>, jmo11 at hampshire.edu

Hi Jessa, Rebecca, Leah, Luke, and Marleigh, (please forward to
Charlotte and Alyssa) or anyone else for that matter who is around and
interested.  Many hands makes for light work.

Happy August!
I hope you are all enjoying your time away from school and have been
having lots of summer fun and relaxing. The energy buzz on campus gets
louder each day we get closer to the semester starting. :)

I am helping coordinate the compost/trash stations at orientation and am
wondering if any of you might be interested in helping to staff a meal
if you are around. You can't get permission to be back on campus early,
but i know lots of folks lived off campus this summer.

Here are the meals that need composting helpers to staff the stations,
if you are interested and available I can add your name to my list.  It
is my feeling that once we have a core group of students, staff and
faculty who know the disposal process and are willing to lend a hand
they can get an email when there is a large campus event that needs
staff. For example, Admissions visit days have eco ware products in the
RCC at their lunches and in my experience those bins are always a
complete disaster with families being totally confused. We need to get
it RIGHT beginning with perspectives! :)

FALL 2011 ORIENTATION

Thursday, Sept. 2nd
LUNCH @ NOON
DINNER @ 5:15

Friday, Sept. 3rd
LUNCH on the library lawn at 11:30 or 12 i need to double check

Thanks so  much for caring about the Earth and helping educate our
community.
Cheers,
Pam

Pam Tinto
Assistant Dean of Students
Campus Leadership and Activities
413-559-5751 (phone)
413-559-5664 (fax)

“The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think
critically... Intelligence plus character - that is the goal of true
education.”
-Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If there is no struggle, there is no progress.  Those who profess to favor
freedom, and yet, renounce controversy, are the people who want crops without
plowing the ground.”
-Frederick Douglas

----- End forwarded message -----