[Newleaf] Saga Collection Boxes

Megan Marie Meo memm09 at hampshire.edu
Sun Sep 12 11:20:56 EDT 2010

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had a great summer and are excited to be back at Hampshire.
 I am looking forward to seeing what you are all going to be up to this
semester as part of New Leaf.  I was wondering if you are still interested
in the idea of putting boxes in the hallways in the dorms and maybe the
laundry rooms in the mods in order to collect all the bowls, plates,
silverware, etc. that is taken from SAGA.  It was a huge success last year,
and the dining commons was able to avoid having to purchase as many new
items as normal.  After 6 days of being open this semester, they had already
lost 200 forks!  Doug has offered to buy reusable containers to put in the
hallways, but I said that New Leaf might just want to reuse old boxes. I
know that would involve extra work and I don't know how committed you all
want to be to this project. We would have to be the ones to collect the
boxes each week or month because phys plant would refuse that extra work.
Please let me know your thoughts on all of this.  It would be awesome if it
could happen as soon as possible to get people in the habit of returning
their plates, etc. to the boxes.

Look forward to hearing from you all!  When are you planning on meeting this
semester?

All the Best
Megan