[Newleaf] don't take stuff form SAGA!

Megan Marie Meo memm09 at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 6 23:24:54 EDT 2010

Hey all!

 Thanks to those of you who connected with me about doing
sustainability things in SAGA.  I definitely want to meet up and share
ideas about what we can get done this semester.  For those of you who
are creative writers, I already have one small project that I would
like some help with.  I recently was at Earthfood's Cafe at UMass
(awesome student-run co-op cafe that you should check out) and on
every table was this cute little story politely asking people to not
take their forks.  As many of you know, there is a major problem of
people stealing plates, bowls, etc from SAGA which costs Sodexho a lot
of money that could be used for something else.  So I thought it would
be fun to write a story to put on all the table at SAGA and Doug, the
general manager of Sodexho, liked the idea also.  I am not necessarily
the best at writing little stories and would love your help.  I tried
a bit and came up with a really bad rendition of 'hey diddle diddle'
and a few other things.  This was the most successful, but I don't
know how Doug will feel about it...

Once upon a time there was a hungry student.  They went to eat some
food at SAGA but there was no food left.  “Where did all the food go?”
asked the boy.  A very sad Roberta replied, “There is no more food...
We spent all our money buying new forks and spoons and now there is
nothing left.”
Please do not take silverware, plates, cups, mugs, or bowls from the
dining commons.

Please send me your best ideas. It could be long or short, a poem a
cartoon ANYTHING! This is a great way to take a break from work,
believe me...

Thanks so much!  Look forward to working with you all this semester.

Megan