[Newleaf] easy and effective way to support local sustainability projects!

Martha Pskowski mnp09 at hampshire.edu
Mon Nov 1 19:00:46 EDT 2010

Hey New Leafers,

I work with a non-profit called Grand Aspirations that was founded by
college students to support summer programs, called Summer of Solutions.  I
was part of one such program in Minnesota this past summer, and it was a
really amazing experience.  The programs train youth/students to start and
support projects that promote environmental and social justice.  It's a
really hands on approach that gives students experience to work in the green
economy after graduating.

I'm planning a project for next summer in the Pioneer Valley and we have a
really amazing funding opportunity.  Grand Aspirations is up for the Refresh
Everything grant this month as part of the Progressive Slate.  Refresh
Everything is a online grant program that goes to whatever non-profit gets
the most votes.  The Progressive Slate is a group of non-profits that
supports each other by voting for each other.  Signing up for the
Progressive Slate means you get an email every day this month reminding you
to vote.  It's really easy and gives Grand Aspirations a chance at a $50,000
grant which would directly support a program in this area!

Sign up here: http://www.theprogressiveslate.com/pepsi.php?name=grand  Thanks
a million!!

-Martha