[Newleaf] 3/31 meeting minutes

Rebecca Simone Siegel rss07 at hampshire.edu
Wed Mar 31 21:07:00 EDT 2010

Here are the meeting notes.  Please read them because the jobs people are taking
on are listed in them.  Email me if you have any questions!
Love,
Rebecca

-Andrea: will send out an email about the sustainability brunch next weekend
	send to new leaf, LFI, community garden, mixed nuts list servs
	sustainability picnic brunch in community garden
	april 12 sunday 11am
	Rebecca and Andrea: plates and cups
-TERRA IS BRINGING EGGS FROM HOME
-One sided paper -- we need 42 boxes (7+ each)  recycling is picked up on
Mondays, 	Wednesdays, and Saturdays
	Andrea will draft an email explaining plan and asking for boxes (wed night or
thurs AM).  will send by fri at latest
	Andrea: post office, school store, recycling shed behind library
	Melia: dakin
	Megan: Greenwich
	Terra: Merrill
	Rebecca: Cole
	Jaime:  Prescott
	Jaime will make an intranet announcement
	Keep the boxes in rooms or greenhouse mod storage shed or Andrea's mod (67)
	Next Wednesday we will decorate the boxes in our meeting, so people should
bring art supplies
-chameleon club wants to have a big yard sale in may to raise money for new
orleans.  we can help advertise.  we can also put an environmental spin on it.
	Leanna Pohevitz is the point person
	we should go to one of their meetings or have one of them come to one of ours
	May 1st
	convince people to donate stuff by talking about end of school waste
	Jaime will be the point person
	Jaime will get end of semester trash stats from Roger
(rguzowski at fivecolleges.edu)
	People should email Jaime about ideas for what fliers should say
-Orientation
	drink containers
	talking points for O leaders
	 people talking in SAGA
-packing list:  Rebecca will finish and email to people by Friday evening
	other people will read and send their comments back to her
-SAGA sustainability dinners Monday at 5
	looking for way for LFI to pay for mod students
	this monday: Joe Czaikowski will be there
	Next monday: Emily French from Mass farm to school
	April 19: Graham Jeffries will talk about his Div 3
-delivering food to church: Megan will get back to us when she knows the time
for sure
	Defensive driver needed.  Jaime is a defensive driver
-SAGA
	Melia and Megan: get waste info (About stealing bowls and silverware)  from
Doug
	Melia: email roger guzowski (rguzowski at fivecolleges.edu).  mention disposable
bowls too
	Megan: talk to Doug about disposable bowls
	Melia: poster for ice cream area
		maybe "eating your ice cream in SAGA? Use a reusable bowl"
		maybe take away disposable bowls and give them to roberta.  put up a sign that
says "if you want to take ice cream out of SAGA, then get a disposable bowl from
Roberta"
	Terra: bring in finalized logo design next week
	Melia: make a meeting with Doug