[Newleaf] Hampedia page updated

Roger Guzowski rguzowski at fivecolleges.edu
Thu Mar 4 10:56:37 EST 2010

I have a big favor to ask.  Please do NOT use the Town of Amherst Guidelines.  They are only for folks in single family (or small 1-3 unit apartment complexes) that are part of the town residential pickup.  The town uses a different mill than we do and their rules are slightly different.

Please refer people to our Hampshire recycling page at:

http://www.hampshire.edu/offices/12542.htm

If you want to include a link or reference to the town's program for anyone living off campus (again, they are only for folks that are part of the town's residential pickup system), then refer them to the Town's recycling page http://www.amherstma.gov/index.aspx?NID=157 <http://www.amherstma.gov/index.aspx?NID=157> ,

but please do NOT reference the town recycling info for folks on campus.  We use different mills than the Town does and have a slightly different system.  Thanks.

P.S.  As follow up to our meeting last night, if folks have ideas about how we can better advertise the Hampshire recycling webpages, I would be interested in listening.  I think we have some good info there, but not sure anyone knows that it exists or how to find it.  Would also be willing to chat about how we can use Hampedia or other sites to augment the info on the Hampshire main page.

PPS.  We haven't gotten a links section set up yet on the Hampshire recycling page, but for those of you looking for mugs and other promotional products, I have a list of some vendors on the links pages at the Mount Holyoke College recycling site:  http://www.mtholyoke.edu/offices/es/assets/ENV/recyclinglinks.pdf <http://www.mtholyoke.edu/offices/es/assets/ENV/recyclinglinks.pdf>
There are some other mug-specific vendors who may have better prices or variety of products, but the links on the MHC page should get you started.