[Newleaf] Dangerous Bill: Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010

Claire Lau clairelau63 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 00:11:05 EDT 2010

Dear friends who care about our planet and our food,

In case you don't already know, another dangerous food safety bill is being
proposed now - S 510, the Food Safety Modernization Act of
2010<http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-2749>.
This article summarizes/explains what's behind it:
http://foodfreedom.wordpress.com/2010/04/24/s-510-is-hissing-in-the-grass/

“If accepted [S 510] would *preclude the public’s right to grow, own, trade,
transport, share, feed and eat each and every food that nature makes*.  It
will become the most offensive authority against the cultivation, trade and
consumption of food and agricultural products of one’s choice. It will be
unconstitutional and contrary to natural law or, if you like, the will of
God.”  ~Dr. Shiv Chopra <http://shivchopra.com/?page_id=2>, Canada Health
whistleblower

The writer of another article, "A Solemn Walk through HR
875<http://www.opednews.com/articles/A-solemn-walk-through-HR-8-by-Linn-Cohen-Cole-090314-67.html>"
(last year's bill) spoke to me today, urging me to spread the word, and also
described how she received threats from Monsanto after publishing the
article.

Please spread the word as quickly as possible!

--
Claire Lau
Email: clairelau63 at gmail.com
Website: clairelau.net