[Newleaf] Environmental Scholarship

Jaime Collette Hamre jch09 at hampshire.edu
Fri Apr 23 19:05:43 EDT 2010

Hello,
In my search for scholarships, I stumbled across this one and thought you folks
might be interested.

Cheers,

Jaime

Brower Youth Award
Provided By: Earth Island Institute
Deadline: May 15, 2010
Type of Award: Scholarship
Amount: $3000
Awards Available: 6
Website: http://broweryouthawards.org/article.php?id=113
have demonstrated outstanding environmental leadership. You must be living in
North America and play a major leadership role in an environmental project.
Each winner is awarded $3000 and brought to San Francisco for the award week
and a backcountry camping trip. The Brower Youth Awards not only promote the
accomplishments of these young leaders but also invest in their continued
success by providing ongoing access to resources, mentors, and opportunities to
develop their leadership skills through Earth Island Institute's New Leaders
Initiative. Any type of environmental initiative is eligible, except for
science projects and Earth Day fairs or single-day events.
Applicable Majors: Biological and Physical Sciences
Biology
Botany
Environmental Biology
Environmental Studies
Forest Management
Forest Sciences and Biology
Forestry
Land Use Planning and Management/Development
Marine Biology and Biological Oceanography
Natural Resources Management and Policy
Natural Resources and Conservation
Sociobiology
Soil Sciences
Water, Wetlands, and Marine Resources Management
Wildlife Biology
Wildlife and Wildlands Science and Management
Additional Information: Please visit the sponsor's Web site for additional and
complete information.