[NERDug-list] Job: Datatel Systems Programmer at Hampshire College

Jeff Butera jbutera at hampshire.edu
Fri Jun 3 10:32:12 EDT 2011

Come work with me (please?). We'd really like to find someone familiar
with Datatel...

--

Hampshire College, an independent, innovative liberal arts institution
and member of the Five College Consortium, is accepting applications for

The Systems Programmer provides a variety of technical and user support
for the college’s Datatel administrative computing system; develops
programs to augment vendor-supplied software and enhance web-based
services. Analyzes, develops, implements and documents custom
administrative software enhancements. Supports Datatel applications
end-users by creating ad-hoc reports and providing application training.
Creates new applications, determines user needs, and implements
efficient solutions to end-user concerns, questions and problems.

Position requires Bachelor's degree in Computer Science with emphasis in
information systems and software design or equivalent training and
experience. Application programming and analysis experience in the
design, development and implementation of administrative application
functions such as Finance, Human Resources, Student and Academic records
and Development or equivalent systems highly desirable. Three years
experience with at least one relational database, using a query language
and with several programming languages, especially BASIC, is also
required. Previous experience with Datatel highly desirable. Prior web
programming experience, knowledge of Java, PERL or PHP, and experience
with MySQL also desirable.

This is a full time, 12 month position. We offer a competitive salary
and excellent benefits program. Please submit your cover letter, resume
and names/phone numbers of three professional references via our website
at http://jobs.hampshire.edu

Hampshire College is an equal opportunity institution, committed to
diversity in education and employment.

--
Jeff Butera, PhD
Manager of ERP Systems