[NERDug-list] Opening at Keene State College!!!!

Nieckoski, Elizabeth enieckoski at keene.edu
Mon Aug 1 10:08:52 EDT 2011

Data Analyst/DBA, Information Technology Group

Join the Information Technology Group at Keene State College as a Data
Analyst. The Information Technology Group is a service-oriented team
providing a range of technology services and technical support to the
Keene State campus. Campus information systems and services consist of
business and student services, instructional delivery, and campus
communications. The College utilizes the Blackboard learning management
system to support content distribution, collaboration, assessment, grade
book and communication between faculty and students. The KSC student &
alumni information system and is Datatel Colleague. We manage
approximately 60 enterprise systems, and are primarily a Windows
environment. In addition to Windows, we also have enterprise systems
running Unix and Linux. Enterprise servers are hosted on Dell and Sun
hardware. For database environments, we use a combination of SQL, Oracle
and IBM's Unidata. Our three-year plan is to migrate the KSC student &
alumni information system from Unidata to SQL.

The Data Analyst/DBA position is part of the Enterprise Information
Systems team within the KSC Information Technology Group. The Data
Analyst/DBA will plan, implement and manage a data reporting strategy to
leverage the student & alumni information system and joins a team of
other full-time staff who provide oversight of the Datatel system
operations and projects.

Required Qualifications: Candidates must have a bachelor's degree and
four years of experience in information technology field, Associate's
and six years, or combination of education and experience equal to eight
years; three years of experience developing and/or supporting a
comprehensive reporting strategy for enterprise resource systems
including data warehouses/marts. Experience should include three years
of using Business Objects WebIntelligence, Crystal Reports or other data
reporting tools; three years designing, administrating or advanced SQL
programming skills; using SQL database tools and methodology; three
years of working with business stakeholders to develop reporting
solutions. Ability to work well independently, service oriented,
flexible. Must be able to apply project management methodologies and
tools, communicate successfully with technical and non-technical
stakeholders and possess excellent technical documentation skills.
Resume and cover letter should address all required qualifications for
earliest consideration.

Desired Qualifications: Experience in Higher Education; Unidata
database, Eclipse and/or other similar industry scripting languages.
Additionally, the College has identified desirable qualifications that
support our commitment to creating and maintaining a diverse campus
community including the ability to speak a second language or to bring a
multicultural perspective to the campus. Salary range: $53,200-$60,420,
commensurate with experience, complemented by a competitive benefit
package.

To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and names and
contact information of three references. Electronic application
materials are preferable; send via e-mail to: cgreene at keene.edu or mail
to: Data Analyst/DBA, PAT28 Search, Office of Human Resource Management,
Keene State College, 229 Main St., Keene, NH 03435-1604. Review of
applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position
is filled or otherwise closed at the College's discretion; for full
consideration, please submit application materials by August 12, 2011

Elizabeth Nieckoski

Senior DBA/System Analyst

Keene State College

603 358 2521

Elliot 290

enieckoski at keene.edu

 "The greatest personalities that ever existed have been those who
united human beings and put them on the road toward cooperation and
effectiveness and peace. Those whom the world has held highest have
helped to unite and not sever interconnectedness. They have not been the
destroyers of differences but the harmonizer of differences." - John
Lovejoy Elliott

"America is not like a blanket-one piece of unbroken cloth. America is
more like a quilt-

many patches, many pieces, many colors, many sizes, all woven together
by a common thread."

Rev. Jesse Jackson

I don't always know exactly what to do - but I show up.

Rik O'Barry