[Jewish] Shabbat & Havdallah 10/23-24

Alyssa Coffey alc17 at hampshire.edu
Fri Oct 23 15:00:06 EDT 2020

Happy Friday JSU,

This evening (F 10/23) we will be meeting for blessings and candle
lighting at 5:30 at the rock behind Merrill.

Tomorrow (Sat 10/24) we will be meeting for a socially-distant afternoon
shabbat walk at 2:00. Please meet at the Parking Lot behind Enfield,
near the Hampshire farm and wear closed-toe shoes to walk in the woods.
This is a casual time to see each other, enjoy nature, discuss the Torah
portion, etc.

At 6:30 on Saturday, we'll join together once more for Havdallah at the
rock behind Merrill. Havdallah is a ceremony commemorating the end of
shabbat and guiding us as we move into the new week.

As always, no background is required for JSU events: just bring yourself
(and maybe a friend!) Hope to see you soon -- please don't hesitate to
contact me if you have any questions.

Shabbat Shalom,
Al Coffey