[Jewish] Welcome back & shabbat 8/28

Alyssa Coffey alc17 at hampshire.edu
Thu Aug 27 23:10:00 EDT 2020

Hello JSU!

Welcome back to a new school year! I hope you've had a good start to the
semester and are settling into your classes.

I wanted to let you all know about a shabbat evening gathering tomorrow,
August 28. We'll be meeting at the large rock behind Merrill dorm/next
to FPH at 6:30 pm for candle lighting, to reflect on the week past and
set intentions for the week ahead. JSU events are open to all,
regardless of background or experience.

As this is an in-person gathering, everyone must wear a mask and
maintain proper social distance. No food or drink will be shared.  If
you are off-campus and would like to attend, please feel free to reply
to this email and I'll find a way to zoom you in.

Moving forward, our weekly open meetings will be on Tuesday evenings at
5:30 on Zoom, beginning September 8. Our first gathering will be a JSU
schmooze hour -- just to say hello, meet new people, and chat about how
we want to imagine the JSU this year.  I'll send a reminder as we get
closer.

If you have any additional questions about Jewish life on campus this
fall, please feel free to reply to this email or email me directly
(alc17 at hampshire.edu). Information about Rosh Hashanah/High Holiday
plans is forthcoming shortly.

L'shalom (towards peace),

Al Coffey