[Jewish] JSU - Additional RH/YK Observances

Alyssa Coffey alc17 at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 24 15:11:42 EDT 2019

Hi JSU,

I wanted to let you know about some opportunities to observe Rosh
Hashanah and Yom Kippur in addition to our musical service and dinner on
Sunday evening 9/29 (5:00 in the Red Barn). A flyer with this
information is also attached.

On Monday, September 30th, students may attend ROSH HASHANAH MORNING
SERVICES AT THE JEWISH COMMUNITY OF AMHERST (JCA), with transportation
arranged. Please meet in the FPH PARKING LOT (BEHIND MLR) AT 8:20 AM ON
MONDAY 9/30.

Also on MONDAY 9/30 AT 3:00, there is a TASHLICH SERVICE FOLLOWED BY A
PICNIC DINNER. Tashlich is a ritual casting away of sins and an
opportunity to reflect on how we can improve in the year to come. We
will meet in the MLR at 3:00 to walk to the Hampshire woods.

We will be having an Erev Yom Kippur dinner the following week (YK is
10/8-9), with opportunities to attend JCA Kol Nidre, Yom Kippur morning,
and Ne'ilah services with transportation arranged. There will be a
breakfast meal at Hampshire after Yom Kippur as well -- stay tuned for
additional YK details as we get closer.

L'shanah tovah (to a good new year),

Al Coffey