[Jewish] Join the JSU - Week of October 1

Alyssa Coffey alc17 at hampshire.edu
Tue Oct 2 07:33:28 EDT 2018

Good Morning JSU,

We were glad to see so many people in the Sukkah last week. Here are
some opportunities to join us this week:

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 3 - MLR 5:30 WEEKLY MEETING
Come for a special weekly meeting! We will be watching "The Prince of
Egypt," an animated and always entertaining film about Moses and the
story of the Exodus from Egypt.

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 5 - MLR 5:30 SHABBAT
Due to October break, shabbat will be informal this week. If you'll be
on canpus, stop by for a relaxing way to end the week and head into the
long weekend with music, reflection/prayer, friends and a good meal.

Also of interest: the INSTITUTE FOR HOLOCAUST, GENOCIDE, AND MEMORY
STUDIES AT UMASs is hosting several events on the intersections of
Jewish, Israel, and Palestine studies this week. There is an event
WEDNESDAY, 10/3 AT 4PM; THURSDAY, 10/4 AT 4PM; AND FRIDAY, 10/5 AT
4:30PM. Three visiting international scholars will be speaking on
subjects such as "Encounters of Shoah and Nakba in Palestinian and
Arabic Novels" and "Exploring Palestinian and Hebrew Literature." Flyers
are attached to this email. ELLEN WILL BE DRIVING OVER - PLEASE CONTACT
HER AT EBSA at HAMPSHIRE.EDU IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN ATTENDING.

Hope to see you this week!

-Al