[Jewish] Rosh Hashanah Seder & Services, THIS WEDNESDAY 5 PM in the RED BARN!!! Please RSVP!

Jacob Ehrlich jbe11 at hampshire.edu
Mon Sep 22 21:49:58 EDT 2014

Hi holy friends,

PLEASE JOIN US on WEDNESDAY, 9/24, at 5 PM in the RED BARN
to celebrate ROSH HASHANAH -- the Birthday of the World, the New Year!
with a meaningful SEDER to welcome in the SHMITA / SABBATICAL YEAR!

**The Shmita year is a Shabbat for the land, occurring every seven
years, a time where the land is released from the dominion of humankind
& left to just BE. In these dark days where crippling climate change
threatens our very livelihood on this planet, this amazing Jewish
tradition can provide a spark for contemplation, conversation, and
action -- of re-thinking our abusive habits, and setting right our
relationships in this interconnected ecological web of Life in which we
dwell... It is this kavannah, this intention, that we'll be bringing
into our New Year celebrations!!!**

We will be assembling in the Red Barn at 5 PM to welcome in this
glorious new year
with spirited song, thought-provoking ritual, & -- of course --
DELICIOUS, CATERED, KOSHER FOOD
& homemade CHALLAH! --- we also would love it if you brought a poem to
share,
or something that expresses your gratitude for the renewal of the New
Year!

Following our seder, we will travelling together to the JEWISH COMMUNITY
OF AMHERST
for a wonderful, traditional-yet-lively service under the direction of
Rabbi Ben Weiner!

PLEASE JOIN US FOR EITHER OR BOTH!
Let's get holy, reflective, contemplative, ecstatic, thankful &
well-fed!
TELL YOUR FRIENDS. ALL ARE WELCOME!
**& please, RSVP to ebSA at hampshire.edu -- we need to know the numbers so
we can make the right arrangements!

L'shanah tovah u'metukah!

Jake

** flier attached, featuring the rest of the details re: High Holiday
stuff on campus!
please also join the JSU facebook group!
https://www.facebook.com/groups/hampshirejsu/