[Jewish] Kashrut training - Paid opportunity!, Passover!!-Help plan!, THIS SHABBAT

Michelle Lifson mbl11 at hampshire.edu
Wed Mar 26 08:48:49 EDT 2014

Hi all-

Just a friendly reminder about Shabbat:

Ervin Staub - Evil and Goodness: How the Holocaust Informed My Work

In a brief talk followed by conversation, ERVIN STAUB will talk about
surviving the Holocaust as a child in Hungary, and how this led to his
work on passive and active bystandership, the roots of genocide and its
prevention, and specifically his work in Rwanda on reconciliation after
the genocide and the Israeli-Paleastinian conflict.

Celebrate Shabbat
March 28,Merrill Living room5:30-7:30
Service of the Heart
followed by Presentation and Dinner

See attached flyer.

----

KASHRUT TRAINING

At 5:30 PM ON MONDAY, we are having (introductory) training in Kashrut
with Rabbi Bruce Bromberg Seltzer. If anyone wants to COOK ALONE IN THE
KOSHER KITCHEN IN MERRILL, you must be trained in Kashrut. If you are
planning on coming, please let me know. This is a great learning
opportunity! DURING PASSOVER, WE NEED STUDENTS TO SUPERVISE THE KITCHEN,
AND THE ONLY WAY TO DO SO IS IF YOU ARE TRAINED IN KASHRUT. IT IS A PAID
OPPORTUNITY TO SUPERVISE THE KOSHER KITCHEN DURING PASSOVER. If you have
any questions, please e-mail Ellen Bernstein at ebSA at hampshire.edu

----

PASSOVER!

There will be a Passover planning meeting on WEDNESDAY, APRIL 2 AT 5PM
in the Spiritual Life Office. You don't need to know anything about
Passover to come. Particularly looking for MUSIC MAKERS, ARTISTS,
DRAMATISTS, ORGANIZERS, AND ANYONE WHO WANTS TO HELP CREATE A BEAUTIFUL
COMMUNITY EVENT.

See the poster for more information about Passover as well. E-mail Ellen
Bernstein at ebSA at hampshire.edu.

Love,

The JSU<3