[Jewish] Today!

Liza Neal lmnSA at hampshire.edu
Fri Sep 20 09:32:12 EDT 2013

4p in the Sukkah (temporary wooden structure outside the Spiritual Life
Office across from the Dining commons on the lawn)

Sustainability and Genesis: A Naturalist's Guide

Some environmentalists  have critiqued the Bible, claiming that it is
anti-ecological; claiming that the Bible gives people a mandate to exploit
nature. Ellen Bernstein, Rabbi and founder of the first Jewish
environmental organization, will guide us on a reading of the first chapter
of the Bible, Genesis 1, inviting us to open up to its vision of the world,
and explore what- if any--ecological truths it may contain.   No experience
reading the Bible necessary.  No Hebrew background necessary.  All are
welcome regardless of religion-- including those religiously affiliated,
spiritually independent or entirely secular.

And afterwards stay for conversation and Shabbat Dinner...

8p Fall Equinox and Harvest Celebration at the Fire Pit in the field
between the Red Barn and Enfield

 In celebration of the turning of the seasons and the abundant harvests in
our lives, we will gather with Hampshire Alum and holistic healer, Kristen
Avonti, for a ceremonial fire circle and a celebration of the turning of
the wheel. Our celebration will begin at 8 pm at the fire circle between
the Red Barn and Enfield. Please bring your gratitude, an open heart,
snacks to share and food to cook over our fire. Feel free to bring drums or
other musical instruments, your dancing feet and your singing voices.
*Please note that this is a sober event.