[Jewish] Saying Goodbye & Shavuot

rsSA at hampshire.edu rsSA at hampshire.edu
Tue May 14 14:27:00 EDT 2013

Friends,

As we are saying goodbye to so many Div 3s, I'm writing to let you
know that I will be saying goodbye to Hampshire College this summer as
well. I adore Hampshire College, but the commute from Boston has been
a struggle, and I have decided to accept two positions for next year
which are both local to Boston. I'm going to be serving a Synagogue in
Newton, MA, and to be principal of a Sunday school in Cambridge, MA.
You are invited to come visit my synagogue any shabbat morning, and I
hope to keep in touch!  I will miss Hampshire deeply, and have learned
an incredible amount from you.

All are invited to please join me and the graduates in saying goodbye
during the blessing on the journey, and shabbat dinner, this Friday at
5:30.   If you're a Div-Free, come celebrate with a blessing and
celebration, and bring your family!  Friday May 17th 5:30 in the
Merrill Living room

Also - the holiday of Shavuot is tonight and tomorrow!    This is the
holiday of the receiving of the Torah; watch a great video about it
here:
http://www.g-dcast.com/shavuot
Hampshire Students are invited to the JCA for an evening of learning
on Tuesday night at 7:30-11:30 (come for all or part!)

peace, and happy shavuot,
Rachel