[Jewish] Looking forward to High Holidays at Hampshire

Rabbi Rachel D'vash Schoenfeld rschoenfeld at hampshire.edu
Thu Jun 6 10:02:52 EDT 2013

Dear Hampshire Community,

My name is Gray Myrseth, and I'm excited to be leading High Holiday
services at Hampshire this year. Summer has just begun and fall seems
like a long way off, but I wanted to take a moment now to introduce
myself and share my contact information. I am rabbinical student,
entering my second year at Hebrew College in Boston.

As I put together the pieces of our shared observance, I would love any
input you have to offer. Are there elements from previous years'
services you hope to see again? Are there things that you haven't seen
yet and would like to?

There will be plenty of opportunities for active engagement in the
services, both planned and spontaneous, in English and in Hebrew. I'll
ask again in August for volunteers to fill particular roles, but if you
know now that you would like to chant Torah (even just a few verses!),
chant the blessings before and after the Haftarah reading, read a
selection of Haftarah in English, or participate in some other way—let
me know! I'm available by email and Skype over the summer to talk about
what these roles entail, and to support your preparation.

I look forward to meeting many of you in September, and I hope you enjoy
your summer adventures, wherever they may take you. Don't hesitate to
get in touch with any questions, hopes, or ideas!

Shabbat shalom,
Gray

Gray.Myrseth at hebrewcollege.edu <mailto:Gray.Myrseth at hebrewcollege.edu>