[Jewish] Interested in going to LimmudNY 2014?

Abigail Carpenter-Winch acw09 at hampshire.edu
Tue Dec 10 21:54:02 EST 2013

Hi friends,

I am organizing a trip to LimmudNY, held Feb. 14-17th in Stamford, CT. Hampshire has gone in the past, and it was great!

LimmudNY is Hebrew for “learning” and Limmud NY is devoted to Jewish learning in every conceivable form, from learning Torah to learning how to make gefilte fish; from Middle Eastern politics to Jewish Kirtan chanting; from Refuseniks to slam poetry; from Schneerson to Seinfeld; from Kol Nidre to Klezmer. Each year, over 700 Jews, ranging from infants to grandparents, of all affiliations – Reform, Conservative, Reconstructionist, Orthodox, secular, post-denominational – gather to celebrate the richness of Jewish life for an extended weekend retreat filled with sessions, performances, meals, late night jam sessions and endless opportunities to learn about themselves and each other. At Limmud NY, everyone is a teacher and everyone is a student. http://limmudny.org/

We are still working out funding, and it will cost somewhere between $0-150 a person, all-inclusive.

I am going to be submitting a funding request to FundCom by the end of this week, so if you would like to go, please be in touch with me ASAP.

Thanks,
Abigail
acw09 at hampshire.edu