[Jewish] Queer Shabbaton at Smith this Thurs-Sat!

rsSA at hampshire.edu rsSA at hampshire.edu
Thu Nov 8 20:19:12 EST 2012

Smith hillel is hosting a Queer Shabbaton Thurs pm- Sat pm!  All are
welcome; details are below!

My name is Ayelet Reiter and I would like to let you know of Smith Hillel's
upcoming Queer Shabbaton. We hope to explore the intersections between
current queer issues, gender, sexuality and Judaism. All of the events
(with the exception of the movie screening) will be held at the Kosher
Kitchen on Bedford Terrace (next to Dawes and across the street from
Albright and Baldwin). The schedule for the weekend will be:

*Thursday, November 8:*
Rainbow Challah Baking, 6 PM - 10:30

*Friday, November 9:*
Queer Shabbat Service, 5:30 PM
Dinner, 6:30
Discussion of Weekly Torah Portion (with a focus on gender and sexuality),
7:30

*Saturday, November 10:*
Queering Torah Workshop, 3 PM
Movie Screening [tbd] - 7 PM - Seelye 101