[Jewish] Fwd: Marge Piercy, Scholar-in-Residence at the Jewish Community of Amherst (JCA)

rrHACU at hampshire.edu rrHACU at hampshire.edu
Fri Dec 7 19:49:23 EST 2012

Very exciting opportunity!

----- Forwarded message from Margaret Mastrangelo
<mastrangelom at comcast.net> -----
    Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 15:29:08 -0500
    From: Margaret Mastrangelo <mastrangelom at comcast.net>
Subject: Marge Piercy, Scholar-in-Residence at the Jewish Community of
Amherst (JCA)
      To: rrHACU at hampshire.edu

Hello,
Marge Piercy will be at the JCA Jan 11-13, 2013, as our scholar in
residence, and we thought this might be of interest to you and your
students. Below is the press release that will be coming out shortly.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or Judith,
who is listed below.
PR
Marge Piercy, noted novelist and poet, will be speaking at the Jewish
Community of Amherst's "Scholar-in-Residence" program on the weekend
of January 11-13, 2013. She will read a selection of her work on
Saturday evening, the event to be held in the social hall of the JCA
at 742 Main St., Amherst from 7-9 p.m. The general public is invited
for the Saturday evening reading followed by a dessert/wine reception.
The cost is $18 for students and $20 for all others. Pre-registration
is required but payment at the door for Saturday night can be made if
space permits.

In addition she will be discussing what is involved in writing
liturgical poetry, and leading a workshop at the JCA on writing
Midrash during the weekend's scheduled activities. Register online for
all or any part of the weekend. Registration forms can also be picked
up from the JCA. Details are available at www.j-c-a.org/SIR/pdf.

For questions, please contact Judith at 256-0493 or email at sirjca at gmail.com.

----- End forwarded message -----