[Jewish] "Mountain Service" on Second Day of Rosh Hashanah (Friday)

rrHACU at hampshire.edu rrHACU at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 27 20:04:52 EDT 2011

Dear all,
I attended this wonderful service, organized by the Jewish Community of Amherst,
last year, and I loved it. Everyone meets at 10am at the Notch Visitors Center
(down the street on Rt. 116). We do a hike up the mountain and a brief service
at the top. I don't remember it taking much more than a couple of hours. I plan
on going again this year (and taking the kids!)  -- I thought it was a great
option for second day Rosh Hashanah since we are not doing campus services that
day. Best wishes to all for a happy, sweet, healthy new year!
--Rachel

Rachel Rubinstein
Associate Professor of American Literature and Jewish Studies
Dean of Academic Support and Advising
Hampshire College
(413) 559-5821