[Jewish] Exciting upcoming lecture

Maia Campbell mac08 at hampshire.edu
Wed Mar 30 22:16:57 EDT 2011

I'm writing to tell you about two upcoming 5-college events in the Jewish
community. Feel free to forward this around, and don't hesitate to contact
me for more information or materials!

*mac08 at hampshire.edu
(413)687-3394*

*Emotional Sobriety with Rabbi Shais Taub
Thursday April 4 at 6:30pm in the Main Lecture Hall (Hampshire College)*
‪Rabbi Shais Taub is a popular scholar and teacher of Jewish mysticism whose
contributions to Jewish recovery include authoring the bestselling book,
/G-d of Our Understanding: Jewish Spirituality and Recovery from Addiction/
which was lauded by Jewish recovery pioneer, Rabbi Dr. Abraham J. Twerski.

National Public Radio dubbed Rabbi Taub "an expert in Jewish mysticism and
the Twelve Steps" for his work as co-founder and -director at the Jewish
recovery community in Milwaukee.

recovery at Hampshire College, Rabbi Taub's experiences bring a relevant and
pertinent perspective to the Hampshire community and the Valley at large.
‪In light of the recent loss of Ross Scott OBM (F08), we will be dedicating
this event in his honor.‬

This event is co-sponsored by: Hampshire College Spiritual Life, Hampshire
College Student Life, Hampshire College's Community Health Collaborative,
Hampshire College Health Services, Merrill Interns, Prescott Interns, and
Hampshire College's Jewish Student Union.
*
*