[Jewish] Fwd: [NEAREAST-L] Mellon-funded Summer Seminar for students

rrHACU at hampshire.edu rrHACU at hampshire.edu
Tue Mar 22 09:20:27 EDT 2011

of interest!

----- Forwarded message from Nathan Therien <ntherien at FIVECOLLEGES.EDU> -----
    Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:13:15 -0400
    From: Nathan Therien <ntherien at FIVECOLLEGES.EDU>
 Subject: [NEAREAST-L] Mellon-funded Summer Seminar for students
      To: NEAREAST-L at LISTSERV.AMHERST.EDU

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Mednicoff <mednic at legal.umass.edu>
Date: Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 5:30 PM
Subject: five college summer workshop
To: NEAREAST-L at listserv.amherst.edu

Dear colleagues

I hope you are enjoying the beginning of spring, strange though it may
be here in the Valley.

I just wanted to remind you that applications for students interested in
taking part in the 5 college workshop on global approaches to Middle
Eastern politics that Sohail Hashmi, Greg White and I are
co-facilitating are due no later than March 28.

Thanks to your enthusiasm and mentorship, we're already received some
great applications. Nonetheless, we want to make sure we consider as
many students as possible who would enjoy this opportunity and can
commit to being in residence at Amherst College between June 6 and July
15, 2011.

Thanks again for spreading the word.

David

--
Prof. David Mednicoff, J.D./Ph.D.

Center for Public Policy and Administration Acting Director, Associate
Director and Honors Program Director, Social Thought and Political
Economy Program Department of Judaic and Near Eastern Studies (Adjunct)
Five College Program in Middle Eastern Studies University of
Massachusetts -- Amherst Dubai Initiative Research Fellow, Kennedy
School of Government, Harvard University

Office: 120 Gordon Hall
418 No. Pleasant St.
Amherst, MA 01002-1735
Phone: (+1)-(413)-545-3536
Fax: (+1)-(413)-545-1108
email: mednic at legal.umass.edu
Website: http://people.umass.edu/mednic

----- End forwarded message -----

Rachel Rubinstein
Associate Professor of American Literature and Jewish Studies
School of Humanities, Arts, and Cultural Studies
Hampshire College
(413) 559-5821