[Jewish] new course at Umass of interest

rrHACU at hampshire.edu rrHACU at hampshire.edu
Wed Jan 26 08:47:00 EST 2011

Dear all,
Besides the fabulous Jewish Studies offerings in the Five Colleges this semester
(including my Yiddish language, literature and culture class later this
morning!), I'd like to especially spread the word about a new course at Umass
called "Jews and Slavery," taught by Aviva Ben-Ur, who specializes in Sephardic
Jewish history. Though Umass classes started last week, she is happy to take
latecomers and says it won't be hard to catch up. Please see attached poster.
Welcome back and best of luck at the start of the semester,
Rachel R.

Rachel Rubinstein
Associate Professor of American Literature and Jewish Studies
School of Humanities, Arts, and Cultural Studies
Hampshire College
(413) 559-5821