[Jewish] A Speaker

Allison Emma Lerman-Gluck ael09 at hampshire.edu
Sat Apr 2 10:35:27 EDT 2011

Hello, all!

I'm bringing a speaker to Hampshire on April 13th at 6:30PM (location TBA.) His
name is Yaniv Sagee. He is the central Israeli representative to the States for
the Givat Haviva Educational Foundation (which does work around coexistence and
mutual, collaborative education), for Hashomer Hatzair (a youth movement), and
for the Kibbutz Movement of North America. He's a really interesting person
with a lot of great stories to tell- someone who has worked his whole life
towards promoting a safer and more just tomorrow and towards coexistence in
Israel. This is a side of the 'story' that doesn't often get told at Hampshire,
and I think it could be a really interesting discussion piece, as well as a good
way to bring students together for something positive. Although this event may
not exactly politically coincide with all of the groups that I'm emailing, I
think this is a really great opportunity, and I'd love to get the word out
about this event to a wide audience within the Hampshire community and have
some room and time for true reflection and dialogue. I'd really like it if all
of these groups would send along a blurb about this event to their listservs.

Yaniv Sagee on Coexistence, Dialogue, and the Israeli/Palestinian Conflict.
Yaniv Sagee, Israel representative for Givat Haviva Educational Foundation in
North America, will speak about the backdrop of recent disturbing events in
Israel and the crucial role Givat Haviva plays in working toward a shared
society rooted in co-existence, dialogue, and peace. He will speak to the
audience about his own experiences, as well as open the floor for dialogue in a
supportive setting.

This will be an opportunity to hear about current coexistence efforts, as well
as the personal story of an Israeli who believes strongly in social justice
through leadership and coexistence. This will also be an opportunity for
students and faculty to speak freely in a respectful environment.

This event is unaffiliated with any campus organization. I'd like to invite any
and all opinions to come share in this opportunity to learn and start moving
forward in a productive manner.

Thanks so much and I look forward to hearing back from you,
Allison Lerman-Gluck
3rd Year Student