[Jewish] Jan Term

lmnSA at hampshire.edu lmnSA at hampshire.edu
Wed Nov 10 10:22:42 EST 2010

Rabbi, Firefighter, and Canoe-Builder Howard Cohen organizing a multi-faith dog
sledding adventure for college students this winter over the weekend of Jan
13-16.  The trip will take place in western Maine.  The cost of the 3 day/2
night trip on the trail is $550.  This covers all equipment and food.  Lodging
plus breakfast Thursday night/Friday morning is an additional $25 per person
for the night in the lodge.  Students will have to procure their own rides to
the base camp in Newry Maine by Thursday evening on the 13th.  We will head out
on Friday the 14th, spend two nights out and then return to the base camp Sunday
mid afternoon, typically between 2-3.

Howard has been co-leading these trips with Polly and Kevin of Mahoosuc Guide
Service since the mid '90's.  Before that Kevin and I were colleagues at
Outward Bound.  If folks want to learn more about them they can go to
http://www.mahoosuc.com/

This will be a multi-faith experience so we will take time for a Jewish
celebration of Shabbat but we'll also provide time for spiritual observance for
those who do it on Sunday.  Invariably we will engage in deep, spiritually
invigorated conversation as well.

Contact Howard at ravfirefighter at gmail.com or 413-652-7086 with questions.
The deadline to register is November 15th.