[Jewish] COOK(S) NEEDED FOR SHABBAT DINNER THIS WEEK AND BEYOND.....

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Wed Mar 31 18:01:33 EDT 2010

Finding cooks for Shabbat is becoming more and more difficult, so I want
to urge everyone to try cooking on Shabbat at least once.  We have
recipes and there will always be someone else in the kitchen to help you
cook, as well as overseeing issues of keeping kosher, etc.

This coming Shabbat we need someone to cook a kosher for Passover meal.
This really isn't as difficult as it seems.  There are many different
options that don't require you to use any special Passover ingredients.
After all, vegetables are all OK and we have lots of different
ingredients you can use.

So PLEASE give it a shot and help support your Jewish community.  Please
e-mail me back by Thursday night if you can do it.  We will make sure
that someone can give you a ride to the Supermarket if you don't have a car.

Thanks.

Shalom/Salaam,

spn

--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Hampshire
College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. /

/ /

/"It also became clear to me that in regard to cruelties committed in
the name of a free society, some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/ /

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel