[Jewish] Machon Kaplan Summer in Washington, DC

rrHACU at hampshire.edu rrHACU at hampshire.edu
Wed Jan 13 11:36:40 EST 2010

Thought this might be of interest to some:

----- Forwarded message from Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism
<rac at urj.org> -----
    Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 11:27:59 -0500
    From: Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism <rac at urj.org>
 Subject: Reccomend a Summer in Washington, DC
      To: rrHACU at hampshire.edu

Thank you for your past support of the Religious Action Center of Reform
Judaism's
programs for college students. As someone who knows firsthand about the positive
impact these opportunities have on the participants, I hope you will forward
the message below about TWO exciting opportunities to any students you think
might be interested.

College Freshman, Sophomores, and Juniors:

Live, Learn, and Intern in the Nation’s Capital as a part of the Machon Kaplan
Social Action Internship Program ( www.rac.org/mk)

Machon Kaplan
June 13 – July 25, 2010
Intern and receive college credit – housing included.

Machon Kaplan is a six-week work/study internship program for college students
based out of the Religious Action Center.  Through our unique program you will
be part of a special community, experience real world public policy work, and
learn about Judaism and social justice.  The program provides housing, college
academic credits for two classes, and some meals.

Be sure to check out our Machon Kaplan Web page and application
http://rac.org/mk

What did students say during their summer? Read the Machon Kaplan blog!
http://rac.org/confprog/machon/mkblog/

Contact Rabbi Michael Namath at 202.387.2800, mnamath at rac.org for more
information.

College Seniors:

Applications for the RAC’s Eisendrath Legislative Assistant fellowship have
been posted on the RAC’s website at www.rac.org/la.  This year-long fellowship
in Jewish values and social justice for recent college graduates is a wonderful
opportunity to spend a year working in Washington DC on behalf the issues
important
to Reform Judaism. Visit www.rac.org/la for information about the program and
to download an application.  Contact Legislative Director Barbara Weinstein
at bweinstein at rac.org or 202-387-2800 with questions.

Please feel forward the two previous paragraphs to students you think may be
interested.

Thank you,

Michael

Rabbi Michael Namath
Program Director
Religious Action Center of Reform Judaism

www.rac.org

The Religious Action Centeris the Washington, D.C., officeof the Commission
on Social Action of Reform Judaism,
a joint instrumentalityof the Union for Reform Judaismwhose 900 congregations
encompass 1.5 million Reform Jews,
& the Central Conference of American Rabbis,whose membership includes more
than 1,800 rabbis.

----- End forwarded message -----

Rachel Rubinstein
Assistant Professor of American Literature and Jewish Studies
School of Humanities, Arts, and Cultural Studies
Hampshire College
(413) 559-5821