[Jewish] Fwd: Students meeting today about the search for the Assistant Dean of Students for Community Advocacy Search]

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Mon Feb 22 10:21:32 EST 2010

Here's a forwarded msg. for all interested students:

Hello all,

Given that the three candidates for the Assistant Dean of Community Advocacy
have come to campus...Cyree, Julia, and I would like discuss the candidates with
a larger student population.

If we (the larger student body) have a general agreement on who we think would
be the best for our respective communities... then we could submit a joint
letter of support to the Dean (Dawn)/search committee for one of the applicants
or a letter informing the Dean (Dawn)/search committee the Pros and Cons of two
candidates and who is not acceptable.

We will be meeting Today, Monday Feb 22nd at 8:05p in the QCA. Please come and
share your thoughts.

DeeDee Desir

--
Dominique "DeeDee" Desir
Daughter, Sister, & Friend | Council Chair

--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Hampshire
College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. /

/ /

/"It also became clear to me that in regard to cruelties committed in
the name of a free society, some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/ /

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel