[Jewish] Volunteers needed for Rosh Hashanah Food Preparation and for Leading Hebrew Parts

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Wed Sep 16 14:28:42 EDT 2009

We will need help setting up the Red Barn on Friday at around 3:30 for
Rosh Hashanah, as well as making some food for Rosh Hashana lunch (which
will happen early afternoon on Friday).

In addition, we still need people who are willing to do Hebrew readings
or to read Torah or Haftarah on Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur.  Please
let me know if you are interested and I can make a recording for you!

Thanks!  I look forward to seeing many of you on Friday night at the Red
Barn and Saturday morning at the Faculty Lounge in FPH for Rosh Hashanah
services and meals!

L'shanah tovah - a good year to you all,

Rabbi Steve

--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Hampshire
College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. /

/ /

/"It also became clear to me that in regard to cruelties committed in
the name of a free society, some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/ /

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel