[Jewish] Fwd: Amazing Study Opportunity & Life-Changing Experience in Israel

rrHACU at hampshire.edu rrHACU at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 21 09:52:45 EDT 2009

----- Forwarded message from Rabbi Michael Cohen
<rabbimichael at friendsofarava.org> -----
    Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 08:55:11 -0400 (EDT)
    From: Rabbi Michael Cohen <rabbimichael at friendsofarava.org>
 Subject: Amazing Study Opportunity & Life-Changing Experience in Israel
      To: rrubinstein at hampshire.edu

Having trouble viewing this email?
Click here
http://campaign.constantcontact.com/render?v=001zHmPEHN4waOayJeeas6gj7krR0g0fRQicgpnc6Ix4YXqnrU0yGxuo5R34cgCjw7lf13ZIk8-9YnVBu0kigyZFRQoRdlirHcyTuV-1zlO_GpFxr3P4PsTkKMNVZCvolMWC22uFjOmMghcttSAe9-sJw%3D%3D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Friend,

I hope this email finds you doing well. We have just opened our doors to start
our
14th academic year with our largest student body ever. Our diverse student body
is made up of Israelis, Palestinians, Jordanians, North Americans, and others
studying
on the undergraduate and graduate levels. The Arava Institute is a multi-faceted
 experience that involves environmental studies, learning peace-building and
leadership
skills, learning about and understanding the many faces of the Arab-Israeli
conflict,
living in the Middle East, living on a kibbutz, and living in the desert.
Students
also are exposed to our very active Research Department with its numerous
transboundary
environmental projects involving Israelis, Palestinians, and Jordanians.

We are currently working on recruitment for Spring 2010 (February 21-June 25)
and
beyond.  Students from North America come to the Institute as a study abroad
opportunity
in the middle of undergraduate work, or for post-graduate studies. All classes
are
taught in English, with a very low student to faculty ratio.  It is also very
affordable
by North American standards, with total costs of tuition, health coverage, room
and board for a fall or spring semester being only $8,000.

For more information, visit this link
[http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102773597977&s=13837&e=001w7IMnY-UpCs1TMnUOxidCYX6QhVsYAT_qcrGeiLy9Ua8-mIorbb5nECTSstPLiRvGvbqY8G4TG6-tVPPAz3X-PsokuvPo64wXywpp85TsHj9j7VoE0YtPMULvWqlqnjNQflJK12_9YE=]
on the Academic page of the new www.arava.org
[http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?et=1102773597977&s=13837&e=001w7IMnY-UpCufGF8isO66gKmEoTSFBC33vwJXbz3gTCTUqwJ0fR1lrhwIUuaNHIZ8BsVVAKhQ5KANAPJLQRowqrXjjg4BEuxe0M-pHMDD8qhAVy3cj8R5mg==]website,
which includes basic program information, a course catalogue, and directions on
how to make application.

As the director for North American recruitment, I am always more than happy to
speak
to any potential students. My contact information is
rabbimichael at friendsofarava.org
[mailto:rabbimichael at friendsofarava.org] or (802) 362-2432.

Please forward this along to potential students, faculty, and others.
Shalom,  Salam,

Rabbi Michael M. Cohen

Director of Special Projects

Arava Institute for Environmental Studies

Teaching Students Today So Nations Will Work Together Tomorrow.

The Arava Institute is the premier environmental teaching and research program
in
the Middle East, preparing future Arab and Jewish leaders to cooperatively solve
 the region's environmental challenges.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Forward email
http://ui.constantcontact.com/sa/fwtf.jsp?m=1101935086010&ea=rrubinstein@hampshire.edu&a=1102773597977

This email was sent to rrubinstein at hampshire.edu by
rabbimichael at friendsofarava.org.

Update Profile/Email Address
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001jm8CFGIzLJEquUncCUOlnH1AMwsXDlHNX2vs61cEmwb5gy-qsZ6cs8QWbiRENpW7&p=oo

Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribe(TM)
http://visitor.constantcontact.com/d.jsp?v=001jm8CFGIzLJEquUncCUOlnH1AMwsXDlHNX2vs61cEmwb5gy-qsZ6cs8QWbiRENpW7&p=un

Privacy Policy:
http://ui.constantcontact.com/roving/CCPrivacyPolicy.jsp

Email Marketing by
Constant Contact(R)
www.constantcontact.com

Friends of the Arava Institute | 2041 Herr Street | Suite 18 | Harrisburg | PA |
17103
----- End forwarded message -----

Rachel Rubinstein
Assistant Professor of American Literature and Jewish Studies
School of Humanities, Arts, and Cultural Studies
Hampshire College
(413) 559-5821