[Jewish] Join the Ko-op! (Shabbat Dinner)

Natalie Lewis Bernstein nlb07 at hampshire.edu
Wed Oct 14 21:29:08 EDT 2009

Hello all and welcome back from October Break!

We're starting a Ko(sher)-operative cooking crew system for JSU Shabbat Dinner,
and we want you to join!

Here's how it works:
There will be several different cooking crews: each volunteer will only be
assigned to one group. Each week, a different crew will be responsible for
preparing and cleaning after Shabbat Dinner - it should work out so that
everyone only has to help out a couple times a semester. There will be a crew
head for each individual group, who will be responsible for preparing the menu
and delegating tasks to the rest of the crew. Putting Shabbat Dinner together
will now be a collaborative effort, and JSU wants you to be a part of it!

Reasons you should sign up:
-Delicious food. You made it, so it's gotta be good.
-Making new friends! Working in a group is great way to get to know other
students at all different stages of their academic career at Hampshire.
-Cooking! It's a lot of fun, and if you don't have a lot of kitchen experience
this is a great opportunity to learn!
-Learning more about the kosher kitchen. Always fun.
-Building community: communities are built around food. It's a fact.
-Eternal fame and glory. Ok, maybe not. But you'll definitely be appreciated.

If you're interested in joining the Ko-op, or have any questions about it,
please reply to this message (or the last one I sent out) or email Nat at
nlb07 at hampshire.edu. If you have any preferences or requests, please include
them in your message. And please let me know if you'd like to head a cooking
crew! (It means taking on a bit more responsibility, but the workload will
definitely be a lot lighter than cooking and cleaning up all by your lonesome.)
The sooner we get this going the better it will be, so please sign up soon!

Hope to see you Friday night!
-Nat Bernstein