[Jewish] (no subject)

Natalie Lewis Bernstein nlb07 at hampshire.edu
Sun Oct 11 22:10:10 EDT 2009

Ever been to JSU's Friday night Shabbat Dinner? If you have, I'm sure you noted
how delicious the meal was. Why is the food so good? Because we make it that
way, and by "we" I mean whichever student who volunteered to singlehandedly cook
for everyone
that week.

Gee whiz! That's a lot of work for one person, you might think.

Perhaps you would like to contribute to making Shabbat Dinner every once in a
while, but find the prospect of cooking for so many people daunting. Or maybe
it just sounds lonely.

*Solution! Join a JSU cooking crew!*

Each cooking crew will be responsible for putting together Shabbat Dinner a
couple times each semester, so it shouldn't be to large a commitment: it can be
as low-key as showing up to chop up vegetables one time and sweep the floor
another. And this way you get to help make Shabbat Dinner happen without
shouldering all the responsibility for cooking and cleanup on your own;
instead, you'll be part of a group of friendly people who are all sharing the
work. It's also a great opportunity to get to know other students, and to work
on your cooking skills! Each cooking crew will have a crew head as that group's
leader, who will be responsible for planning the menu and delegating tasks to
the other crew members.

Trust me, meals taste better when you've helped make it, and the more people
that participate, the better the food will be! It'll be a lot of fun!

So, if you're interested in joining a cooking crew, please reply to
nlb07 at hampshire.edu. Include mention of any week that might not work for you,
if there's a particular week you would like to work on, or any other
preferences. Or, of course, contact me if you have any questions. And let me
know if you would like to be a crew head - it sounds like a lot of
responsibility, but it'll be a lot easier than cooking and cleaning all by your
lonesome!

We'd like to have at least one crew assembled for this coming Friday, so please
volunteer soon!

Shavua tov! Have a good week!
Nat Bernstein