[Jewish] Discussion on Israel/Gaza for members of the Hampshire Jewish Community Wed. @ 8:30 pm

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Tue Jan 20 22:54:23 EST 2009

Dear Jewish Students, Faculty and Staff:

Culture and Information (formerly UPZ) and I are sponsoring an open
forum on Gaza for members of the Hampshire Jewish community.  This is an
opportunity for Jews on campus to have a safe space to discuss their
thought, feelings and reactions to the war in Gaza.  In order to provide
safe space for ALL opinions, this program is limited to Jewish students,
staff and faculty.  It is my hope to have another open conversation for
the entire campus, as has happened before together with SJP, in the
future as well.

The program will be tomorrow, Wednesday January 21 @ 8:30 pm in the
Merrill Living Room.

Shalom/Salaam,
spn

--

Steve Nathan

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi and

Interim LGBTQ Advisor

Hampshire College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-6234

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu <mailto:snathan at hampshire.edu>

"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to
me that in regard to cruelties committed in the name of a free society,
some are guilty, all are responsible."

-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel