[Jewish] Passover/Drag Ball

Elizabeth Asher Goldstein eag06 at hampshire.edu
Thu Apr 2 10:40:19 EDT 2009

Dear JSU, and all other Students, Staff, Faculty, Administration, and
affected community members,

As we are sure you are aware, due to a rise in the number of student groups
this year, the weekends typically allotted to the QCA have been blacked out
for COCA’s Spring Jam and DIV III’s. This means that we were left only two
weekends for Drag Ball 2009. Typically it is as close to Spring Jam as the
school dates will allow. The two weekends we were given permission to use
were that of April 10th, and that of April 24th After much debate regarding
the issues of hosting the event on either Passover or the weekend of finals
we eventually decided that the early it was held the better. This is by no
means an adequate reason to hold the event on a weekend of a holy holiday
but we have already inquired to insure that we will be given a date that
will not conflict with any holidays that people on campus follow next year.
We will also be serving Passover friendly snacks all night.

We would like to send our sincere apology for this mishap in planning. We
look forward to seeing you if at all possible and hope you have a joyous
holiday.

 Thank you for your cooperation.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Sincerely,

The planners of Drag Ball