[Jewish] Rosh Hashanah Dinner: Reservations a MUST by this Sunday night! [corrected version]

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Fri Sep 19 17:32:42 EDT 2008

Note:  I forgot the date in the original e-mail (below).  Rosh Hashanah
evening is Monday Sept. 29!
Don't forget to RSVP by Sunday night via e-mail, using the cards that
are now in everyone's mailbox, or signing up at the table in Saga at
Sunday dinner.
Shabbat Shalom

I will you send you more information soon about all of our upcoming High
Holiday services and meals.  But right now I need to tell you that on
Erev (evening) Rosh Hashanah we will be having a catered dinner at 6:30
in the FPH Faculty/Staff Lounge.  This will follow services in the
Lounge at 5:30.

Because the dinner is being catered, we MUST have an RSVP for anyone
attending in order to give the caterer a number.  The deadline is this
Sunday night Sept. 21.  You will receive a post card in your mailbox
today or tomorrow that you can fill out and place in a box that will be
in the Post Office OR you can reply to this e-mail with your name and
whether you want chicken or a veggie/vegan meal.

Please pass this message on to any student, staff or faculty you think
might be interested.

L'shanah tovah - a good year to you all,

SPN
--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Interim LGBTQ Advisor

Hampshire College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu <mailto:snathan at hampshire.edu>

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to
me that in regard to cruelties committed in the name of a free society,
some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel/