[Jewish] Multi-Faith Social Justice Planning Meeting - Tuesday at 6:30

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Sun Sep 7 23:21:47 EDT 2008

Please join us for this important meeting:

Tuesday Sept. 9 @ 6:30 pm
Spiritual Life Center
Greenwich - top of Donut 5
(use the door with the wooden ramp that says "Spiritual Life Center"
over the door.  Go inside then go through the next door and you'll see
the door for the SLC on your right)

MULTI-FAITH SOCIAL JUSTICE COALITION PLANNING MEETING
- Join together to discuss planning upcoming events, including:
    - A month-long "focus on hunger" coinciding with Ramadan and Yom Kippur
- Continuing programs on hunger: working at the Food Bank, helping "Food
Not     Bombs" and other projects
    - Planning for a trip to the Gulf Coast to help with rebuilding
    - Participating in Amherst's "Shelter Sunday" for homelessness awareness
    - Other projects that YOU might like to start ... so bring your ideas!

If you are interested, but can't attend, please send an e-mail to me or
to Liza Neal, Director of Spiritual Life (lmnSA at hampshire.edu) and let
us know that you want us to keep you informed.

B'shalom,

spn

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Interim LGBTQ Advisor

Hampshire College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu <mailto:snathan at hampshire.edu>

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to
me that in regard to cruelties committed in the name of a free society,
some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel/