[Jewish] ATTENTION ALL JEWISH DIV III'S PASSIONATE ABOUT SOCIAL JUSTICE AND POVERTY ISSUES

Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Fri Nov 7 15:55:47 EST 2008

Anna Ratoff

Spend a Year Fighting Poverty with

AVODAH: The Jewish Service Corps

The application for the 2009-2010 program year is now available online
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001J2KtRy935guvhnhn0DwWG4Oo49pUH8y9JVdKt84RmD21hg7NmnfQoOEllSpm6uC9lDSfjpPqdqOUE2QHw3RHBvvmlbJg88vaTChFEM620FhEA50XwPxskQ==>!

Work*  *full-time on issues you care about, including immigration,
hunger, literacy, public health, domestic violence, and more.

Learn from veteran organizers, activists, and educators about how to
make change in the world and about the Jewish connection to social justice.

* *Live  with other young people from all Jewish backgrounds and build a
community committed to integrating social change and Jewish values.  You
will receive a modest living stipend plus health insurance and an
Americorps Education Award up to $4,725 for repayment of student loans
or future education.

Apply to AVODAH:  The Jewish Service Corps online.  Click here to access
our application for the 2009-2010 program year
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001J2KtRy935guvhnhn0DwWG4Oo49pUH8y9JVdKt84RmD21hg7NmnfQoOEllSpm6uC9lDSfjpPqdqOUE2QHw3RHBvvmlbJg88vaTChFEM620FhEA50XwPxskQ==>.

Find out more on our first conference call for prospective applicants,
taking place on Wednesday, November 20 at 9 PM EST.  Call 1-866-740-1260
and use access code 5457705 when prompted.

Contact our recruitment coordinator, Justin Rosen, with any application
or program questions: apply at avodah.net <mailto:apply at avodah.net> or
212-545-7759 x310.   And be  sure to visit our website at www.avodah.net
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001J2KtRy935guO5_ZFFOtJ29hr0SZSvy_2mnf4lL7zSmDHgOF0jY6hSsc9vQoaMoas9pvFHj9709pbQz6f6MfKpvGQn-1gwyROXtNEyvisUn_1GjSSDl83Sg==>
and to check out this cool video
<http://rs6.net/tn.jsp?e=001J2KtRy935gvK4O6sJDwXe6eJFx5XsLwi0VgwL7uD17972VKAcF3Bd1mPKthX1v9n0UcNDnFefUxxfCPRlThz0AylCc6qXkM5DKgJTsyhJfZUq3XoIIZG7NxRTkTM7Mvbks4uy0rj_gU0PkpN6FRFcw==>
about AVODAH.

Anna Ratoff

--

Steven P. Nathan

Campus Rabbi

Interim LGBTQ Advisor

Hampshire College

Office of Spiritual Life -- Box SA

Amherst, MA 01002

Phone: (413) 559-5282

Fax: (413) 559-5663

snathan at hampshire.edu <mailto:snathan at hampshire.edu>

/"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the
more powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets
sought to convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern
one must feel for the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to
me that in regard to cruelties committed in the name of a free society,
some are guilty, all are responsible."/

/-Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel/