[Jewish] Hagit Ofran comming to speak @ Hampshire

Stephanie Chase stephanie.chase1987 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 00:22:58 EDT 2008

Hi everyone!
I got an e-mail from the director of Union of Progressive Zionists in New
York.
 She said that there is still a possibility for having Hagit come to
Hampshire, but she claimed that "Since Hampshire was lucky enough to host
Breaking the Silence recently, I am trying to offer this program first to
campuses that have not had a UPZ speaker all year," frustrated me greatly. I
feel that this event would try to help bridge any misconnections between
SJP, JSU + UPZ, and learn to work together. Does anyone else feel as
frustrated as I am, or know where I am comming from? SJP even said that they
were more than willing to collaborate with me on this event.
   What should I do to politely ask her to have Hagit come to Hampshire?
   If someone could come up with some ideas as to how to write a sincere but
persitent letter to the director, that would be great.
      Thanks
       Take Care
         Stephanie

 Here is the letter below (that the director of the UPZ wrote to me ):

Hi Stephanie,

I'm glad you are enthusiastic about brining Hagit Ofran to Hampshire.  I am
still working out her schedule and I will let you know if there will be time
to travel to Hamsphire.

Since Hampshire was lucky enough to host Breaking the Silence recently, I am
trying to offer this program first to campuses that have not had a UPZ
speaker all year.  I will keep you posted as I figure out her schedule.