[Jewish] Camp Shemesh Program Director

Rachael Goren rbgoren at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 11:04:20 EST 2008

Hello,
Attached and pasted below is a job posting for the Camp Shemesh Program
Director. Due to school-related requirements, I will be unable to return as
the Camp Program Director for 2009, however, I will serve as the Camp's new
Camp Administrator during pre and post season months.
I am happy to answer questions about the Camp and can send a detailed job
description for the Program Director position upon request.
Please pass this along to anyone who you think would be interested.
-Rachael Goren

Camp Shemesh
Program Director Job Posting  (12/17/08)

The Jewish Community of Amherst's (JCA) Camp Shemesh is seeking a Camp
Program Director for the 2009 summer season. Camp Shemesh, located on the
Amherst College Campus, has a 23-year tradition of providing children, ages
6-11, with a joyful, creative, spiritually rich, and educationally sound
Jewish day camp experience.

The Camp Program Director is responsible for planning and implementing a
successful camp program, including hiring/supervising summer staff, program
development, insuring the safety of the campers, and written documentation
at the end of the season. Successful applicants must be energetic, creative,
organized and should possess the following qualifications:
•    Experience and skill working with children
•    Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions
•    Excellent oral and written communication skills
•    Ability to work collaboratively with Camp Committee and Amherst College
personnel
•    Supervisory experience

The Program Director must be available (on a flexible basis) in the spring
to hire staff and prepare for the camp season, and full time from June 23
through August 7, 2009.

Interested applicants may send a letter of interest and resume by January 7,
2009 to: JCA, 742 Main Street, Amherst, MA  01002, Attn: Shemesh Search
Committee or email to:  shemesh at j-c-a.org. A detailed job description is
available upon request.

Salary starts at $5,000 and commensurate with experience.

--
Rachael Goren
Director of Teen Programming
teendir at j-c-a.org;  jcateens at gmail.com