[Jewish] Guests from the Arava Environmental Institute speaking - housing needed as well

Rabbi Steven Nathan snathan at hampshire.edu
Tue Sep 18 13:29:58 EDT 2007

This coming Tuesday morning (9/25) at 10:00 AM there will be guests from the
Arava Institute on campus. The Arava Institute is the premier environmental
teaching and research program in the Middle East, preparing future Arab and
Jewish leaders to cooperatively solve the region's environmental challenges.

The guests will be speaking to some classes at Hampshire on Monday afternoon and
they will meet with any other interested students in the Spiritual Life Center
in Donut 5 at 10 AM on Tuesday.

They are also looking for on-campus or other student housing for the night of
Monday 9/24. Please let me know if you can host someone.

Shanah tovah and g'mar tov,

SPN

Rabbi Steven P. Nathan
Campus Rabbi
Office of Spiritual Life - SA

(413) 559-5282
snathan at hampshire.edu

"The more deeply immersed I became in the thinking of the prophets, the more
powerfully it became clear to me what the lives of the prophets sought to
convey: that morally speaking there is no limit to the concern one must feel for
the suffering of human beings. It also became clear to me that in regard to
cruelties committed in the name of a free society, some are guilty, all are
responsible."
-Abraham Joshua Heschel