[Jewish] Simchat Torah Info + Request for Volunteers

Gideon Bass gpb05 at hampshire.edu
Mon Sep 10 10:54:36 EDT 2007

The five-college Hillel typically runs and hosts a Simchat Torah celebration
ourselves, which means each of the five colleges is responsible for helping to
plan and do stuff for the celebration. For those who are not aware of what
Simchat Torah is, it's the holiday at the very end of Sukkot that celebrates us
finishing reading the Torah, and beginning from the start once again. It is
typically celebrated with a short service, a Torah reading (from the very end
and the very beginning), and singing and dancing with the Torah. It can be a
lot of fun.

Simchat Torah is falling out on the Thursday night before October break, from
7:00-9:00, and you all should come.

HERE'S THE PART WHERE I ASK YOU TO DO SOMETHING:

Furthermore, since last years "skits" at Purim were very successful, they're
continuing that idea this year. The idea is each college was assigned one of
the five books of the Torah, and they are supposed to tell some sort of story
from that book in a genre of your choice. We are assigned the fifth book,
Deuteronomy (Devarim). These skits are supposed to be funny, entertaining, and
less than five minutes long. If anyone has any brilliant ideas for the skit,
wants to be in the skit, wants to organize the skit, or any combination of the
above, please write back ASAP!!!!

~Gideon