[Jewish] volunteers wanted

Gideon Bass gpb05 at hampshire.edu
Wed Mar 7 22:49:54 EST 2007

Hey all,
so as I'm sure you've all realized, JSU events only happen because people
volunteer to lead them. To that end, there's a couple of holidays coming up
which we're looking for people to coordinate.

1. Passover - Passover's in just three weeks (it begins the week after spring
break). Traditionally, we have made the Dakin kitchen kosher for passover and
allowed dorm people to use it, as well as having a big end of passover
all-community seder (which may be combined with that week's shabbat dinner). If
you're interested in making these things happen, please volunteer to coordinate
them. If your unsure what kashering means, ask either me or Noah
(nsb05 at hampshire.edu) for all the gory details.

2. High Holidays - I know they're a long ways away still, but there's but some
interest in having some or all high holiday services/commemorations of some
sort here at Hampshire rather than at the five colleges. If you are interested
in this in some way or another, or want to lead it, again you should volunteer.

3. General shabbat cooking - You don't need to wait for me to send out a
plaintive email begging for cookers. You should volunteer! Ideally with
friends, since that makes it much more fun and far less work.

Speaking of cookers, if you are, or ever have been a shabbat dinner cooker, you
should come to talk with Linda Mollison Friday afternoon with us. See Noah's
repeated emails for more info.

That's all for now!

-Gideon